Our Infant Care Program is often used by babies whose parents work all day, accommodating children from 6 weeks to 18 months of age with an adult-to-child ratio of one to four.
Primary Goals of Infant Care Program
- Foster the development of basic trust
- Assist in the natural development of personality, based on unique needs and wants
- Respond appropriately to the infant’s needs to be loved, respected, and accepted
- Nurture infants through their senses, allowing infants to observe and move freely
- Offer holding and feeding comfort to our infants
- Maintain a routine that will be both flexible to an infants’ daily needs, yet predictable so that the infant feels secure in her environment
- Establish a partnership with the family.
- Develop a stronger sense of self, self-confidence and independence
Infant Care environment
Our infant environment is characterized by order, simplicity and beauty which meet the needs of the child. The environment has a special movement area specific to this age group’s needs. In this space the children have access to bars for pulling themselves up: a quiet sleeping area with individual cribs / cots: an eating area equipped with child sized table and chairs: a physical care area for changing: an activity area which will expose the youngest child to the manipulatives, sensory, fine motor and language activities, and an infant designed outdoor environment.